- His personality is heavily based on the comedian Rik Mayall. If you want an accurate depiction of what Nigel acts/sounds like, watch The Young Ones, Bottom or Filthy, Rich and Catflap.
- He has a speech impediment known as 'Rhotacism' which leaves him unable to pronounce the letter 'R'. He thinks this is normal and spells in the same way he speaks.
- His middle name is Gregory.
- He comes from a wealthy family who are known to have more money than sense. He lives with his mother Constance, his father Lupin, and his older brother Reginald along with a seemingly infinite number of uncles, aunts, grandparents, cousins and other estranged relatives.
- He doesn't like girls his own age but tends to have crushes on grown women.
- He's usually the first one to start a fight...and the one to lose said fight.
- Despite the way he treats Alfie and Richard, he considers them his chums. Of course he thinks they look up to him, but at most they tolerate him.
- He has ten toes...on each foot. A side effect of his family 'keeping it in the family'.
- Oscar is 4 and a half years younger than his brother Baxter.
- His cigarette addiction started at the age of 11.
- His nose was broken twice (once by accident, once on purpose).
- Though he gives the impression of a lazy slob, he's by far the most intelligent and witty person in the Pryce household.
- He doesn't eat much, but when he does he tends to go for spicy/hot foods as that's all he can taste due to his tastebuds being knackered by the cigarettes.
- He can play the guitar and the piano. He prefers the piano as you can't balance a pint on a guitar whilst you're playing it.
- He gets along well with Emiko and tends to be on her side in an argument.
- He often gives the impression that he's nonchalant and doesn't care much about what goes on around him, but he's got a soft, compassionate centre.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 8 facts about your character.
3. Tag 8 other people along with the characters you want them to write about
4. Post their avatars and write the character names next to them.
- Staedtler's first name is Sadie.
- Her height is 6'5 and she weighs 10 stone 4 ounces.
- She's quite tech-savvy and is fascinated with all kinds of technology. She has a love-hate relationship with typewriters though...
- Mr Windsor is her maternal grandfather. Her personality is also the complete opposite to his in that she's shy, self-conscious and prefers to keep herself to herself.
- She considers Newton to be her best (and only) friend.
- Her biggest fear is public speaking.
- She was originally going to have blonde hair but to have her fit in with the black & white look of the staff her hair was made black.
- Her clothes are based on an outfit I own IRL.
Saw this thing doing the rounds so I thought why not...
1. Worbian's design is based off Dr Robotnik from The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Captain Pugwash.
2. Worbian was originally going to be a more villainous character, but since I didn't want him to be Baxter in pirate clothes I changed his personality to a warmer, friendlier one.
3. His personality is partially based on my dad, a tutor I had at university and Brian Blessed (all of whom had huge beards at one point in their lives)
4. There are many rumours as to how he lost his right leg (shark attack, lost it in a pirate battle etc.) The real reason is gout which is why he only drinks tea.
5. He's not an actual Captain. He was known as Mad Captain Leo in is wrestling days and the 'Captain' part stuck.
6. His biggest dream is to visit a cat cafe.
7. He was married to a lady named Barbara Rose who mysteriously disappeared not long after his son Julian was born. Her whereabouts are unknown.
8. He's oblivious to people in bad moods which makes his one-sided friendship with Otto Oyster a strained one.
I think everyone I know has done this but if you haven't...you know what to do no, not that ya dirty duck
Granitoons and I are working on a backlog of comics for this years Blonge! but it won't be in a physical print form this year. We're going to be hosting them on Tapastic which is basically YouTube but it hosts comics instead of videos. A different comic will be posted every Monday/Wednesday/Friday so if you want to support our stuff head on over to Tapastic at the end of this month.
Whilst 2016 has been a turbulent year for a lot of people, I'm not crazy about blaming an entire year on all the bad things that happened in it. There has been some low points this year for our family, notably the death of three beloved pets and the sudden passing of my uncle which happened not long after Christmas (no, this isn't a cue for those maudlin black and white pictures of me/my characters crying. Yes, I miss them but I much prefer to celebrate their lives than to mourn their deaths) there has been plenty of high points too. It was a productive year for art and conventions and meeting up with friends both old and new. My advice is to make this new year the best you can and get on with things.
It's the first of the summer months so I thought I'd open up some commission slots. If you'd like to see your characters scribbled by yours truly, comment below. 5 slots are currently open!
What I'll Draw -
OC's (Original Characters)
IP's (Intellectual Properties, basically - famous people's OC's )
What I won't draw -
Granitoons and I's next Blonge! annual will be available for purchase next month. It'll be the usual 50-odd pages of comics, puzzles and games to add to your summer fun!
In the meantime, here are some sneaky previews of what's to come...
1. Post 8 facts about your character.
2. Tag 8 other Characters.
3. Post their names along with their creator's avatars
8 Facts about Emiko Harumi
1. She's unofficially adopted. Unofficial because once you sign your name on a bit of paper, the government knows you're alive.
2. Her favourite animals are rabbits. She would like to own a real pet rabbit but Baxter doesn't like animals so she has to make do with cuddly rabbit toys.
3. She likes strawberry flavoured things but she doesn't like actual strawberries.
4. She's 9 years old, but acts younger partly due to a sheltered upbringing and her own obliviousness to the 'real world'.
5. Though she's in training to be a ridiculous cartoon villain, her dream job is to work in a profession where there are a lot of cute animals.
6. She has a fear of being left alone/abandoned.
7. Despite her happy and cheerful disposition, she has a lot of trouble making friends. She's seen as a weirdo by other children (and some adults).
8. She's completely in the dark about her Japanese roots. Partly because she lives with people who don't know/don't care/have a very warped view of Japan.
Tag yerself if yer want.
In other news (and the reason I was late with the thank-yous) is that Granitoons and I have been working on the next Blonge! annual. It'll be ready sometime this June so keep yer peepers peeled!
We had a really fun time at MancsterCon2015. Special thanks to LaptopGeek92 for letting us crash at her place and also PurpleSallyJay for helping us shlep our stuff all over Manchester. And a big thank you to everyone who came to chat to us and supported our work! Honestly, the best thing about conventions is meeting a bunch of new and like-minded people to befriend and support.
How long have you been on DeviantArt? - 11 years ago today! What has my life become?Which is why I'm a bit late with this journo'.
What does your username mean? - Top hats and the first few letters of my first name
Describe yourself in three words. - Stripey, soppy, sarky.
Are you left or right handed? - Right handed
What was your first deviation? Probably some crappy Happy Tree Friends related stuff. I was obsessed with that junk when I was 13.
What is your favourite type of art to create? - Comics featuring uglycute things.
If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be? - Something deceptively simple, like the stylised 60's stuff.
What type of art do you tend to favourite the most? - Cartoony stuff, art tutorials and things like that.
Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?- Granitoons. I liked him so much, I married him.
If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be? - I've already met BluebottleFlyer, Dracorum-Order and LaptopGeek92 this year. I hope to meet some more in the future, money and time permitting.
How has a fellow deviant impacted your life? Granitoons, again. Not to mention a lot of my other arty pals on here.
What are your preferred tools to create art? Traditionally, brush pens, markers and Inktense pencils. Digitally, Photoshop and a Wacom tablet.
What is the most inspirational place for you to create art? Hunched over my laptop with some old timey music playing in the background
US Puppy Fat Dinner Dilemma! Now You're Stalking! DG Vs. DH! AstroCat
UK Puppy Fat Dinner Dilemma! Now You're Stalking! DG Vs DH AstroCat
US Vampire Brat Acting The Ghost The Bride Of Oaffe
UK Vampire Brat Acting The Ghost The Bride Of Oaffe
US All That Glitters Don't Pick Your Rose 3's Company 4's a Crowd The Oranges Story
UK All That Glitters Don't Pick Your Rose 3's Company 4's a Crowd The Oranges Story
We also have a Patreon site here Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your support.
Granitoons and I will be sending the Blonge! 2016 annual to the printers soon but before we do, we thought we’d like to open up a Q&A thingamabobwhatsit. You can ask us anything about our comics, characters, art supplies, inspirations etc. and we’ll add your questions in the annual (with your approval, of course!)
To celebrate moving back into our old/new house, we're doing a sale on commissions! Buy one full colour drawing and get a black and white sketch free!
Plus, we're bundling up some original drawings to sell because we need space for...more paper, of course! 5-10 drawings for £1.00 each. Which drawings will you get? It is a mystery!
If there are any questions or queries you have, feel free to ask!